Chris Peck, president of the Peck Financial Group, is an investment advisor representative of Harbour Investments, Inc., serving customers in the Greater Milwaukee Area and Southeastern Wisconsin. My mission is to provide local families and businesses with innovative financial strategies, solutions and planning that can lead to financial clarity and security.
In the financial services industry, there are generally two ways of obtaining financial advice; one is given by registered representatives or brokers and the other is given by Investment Advisors. While many investors aren’t even aware differences exist, one of the main differences is that investment advisors have a fiduciary duty to act in the best interests of their clients at all times.
An investment advisor representative is, by definition, legally bound and committed to working in their clients’ best interests. We encourage you to compare the differences between investment advisors and agents or brokers.
An investment advisor representative strives to:
- Put your interest first
- Understands your specific financial situation
- Offers straightforward advice that reflects your long-term goals
- Recommends investment solutions that best fit your unique needs
- Uses a fee-based structure and are compensated by the customers they represent
A registered representative (broker):
- Facilitates the purchase and sale of securities for you
- Recommendations are based on suitability standards for each individual
- Is compensated by commissions; they are compensated by the companies they represent
In today’s complex financial world, information is power. As an investment advisor representative, I operate under the requirements of a fiduciary. However, not all products are offered on a fee basis. I also offer insurance products when appropriate, based on my clients’ needs. I feel this model helps ensure that our clients’ interests are our interests and we are able to serve a variety of needs.
I offer our prospective clients an initial complimentary, no obligation risk assessment where I provide third-party analysis of your current investments, personalized income projections, and ideas for immediate implementation. I look forward to our initial visit and finding out how we can help you get one step closer to your financial goals.